Reply To: What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)? Reply To: What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Participant
Participant
Christian
    @christianc

Thundercracker and Skywarp are next.

However, I did just grab DX9’s Henry (Wildrider) to round out that set. They have become almost impossible to find – even on Ebay, where the last one just sold in the past 24 hours for over $130 – probably due to the FansToys slowdown and the DX9 Capone reissue making the whole set much more attainable for a reasonable price.

Wildrider, of course, was the one I skipped out on because he’s the least visible and the least interesting to me and I paid the price for it. I got him for like $110 just now from RobotKingdom, but I had to dig. They were the only place I could find him in G1 colors and I’m still concerned enough about their inventory to actually email and confirm that they didn’t just list the G2 as such.

Depending on how things go in the next six months, I’ve pretty much decided that the only figures I “have” to have are: DS Thundercracker/Skywarp, XTB’s Magnus and GP’s Swoop to have at least one version of every character that is essential to me. Beyond that, we’re just talking better versions, luxury items, dupes, etc.

I doubt I’ll be retiring, but it’ll almost entirely be getting the rest of the FT Dinobots, movie Optimus Prime figures, that sort of thing. Menasor and Soundwave really filled two major holes in my shelf. I posted photos of Menasor, but I think Marcus needs to approve them.

Christian Written by: