What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Christian
      @christianc

So, I’ve been on a bit of a tear recently… Which is good because I just came out of a dead period.

The past four weeks, I’ve paid off:

FT Stomp
      FT Soar
      MMC Saltus repaint
      DS Starscream
      BMB Dragoon KO
      and I’ve got the MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron KO lined up for later today, most likely.

And on top of those purchases, I’ve been canceling other orders left and right… Mostly XTB. I’ve been in touch with both MascotHome and Miss Zou about XTB’s Locke reissue and a lot of my future XTB orders are going to hinge on whether or not they’re true to their word about how this will go. Because frankly, I’d like to get their Abaddon, Janssen, Virtus and Eligos repaint.

But I’m not just running out and doing that until I know if they make good on Locke, so I’ve canceled both Virtus and Eligos as well as the MPM Megatron KO from Honey Badger (still don’t know if that’s out yet.)

It’s hard to argue with the results, too, because canceling both of those XTB orders basically allowed me to buy the Gigapower Dinobots line without spending more than a couple dollars. So, to all of you, it is my advice to buy and then cancel a bunch of XTB stuff so that you too can spend your store credit on other figures.

Keymaster
      Marcelo
        @admin

Mine is Soar only.

Participant
        Participant
        Christian
          @christianc

Mine is Soar only.

But you build in a natural handicap on this stuff. Do you have the rest of the Dinobots?

Participant
          dpuff
            @dpuff

Most recent purchase that i have recieved is zeta superitron. Most recent cancel is xtb trailer. Cant stand tfsource but couldn’t beat that 190 they had on it last wk. Got the trailer, maketoys ironwill, and dr egg. Used some old points i never thought id get the chance to and it came out to around 275 for all 3.

On a side note those zeta single bots are kinda meh but the biner is awesome. Ft got some work to do.

Participant
            Participant
            Christian
              @christianc

Zeta’s Bruticon looks so good that I considered getting Superitron just because of how great the combined mode is.

Keymaster
              Marcelo
                @admin

Mine is Soar only.

But you build in a natural handicap on this stuff. Do you have the rest of the Dinobots?

I got Sever and Scoria last year for a cheap price, and Grinder for marked-up Chinese price (which was obviously much less than international). So I only need. Soar and Stomp now. I also think that this may be true for a lot of collectors.

Participant
                dpuff
                  @dpuff

I had bruticon in my stash at tcp. Canceled it for the new version(die cast chest) that was just announced. Dont figure anyone else is getting to bruticus anytime soon and was extremely impressed with superion. Even thinkin about mmc for my combaticons

Participant
                  Participant
                  Christian
                    @christianc

I had bruticon in my stash at tcp. Canceled it for the new version(die cast chest) that was just announced. Dont figure anyone else is getting to bruticus anytime soon and was extremely impressed with superion. Even thinkin about mmc for my combaticons

I really dislike the combined mode from MMC. I know that it’s deliberate but the all-in-one scheme lends itself to a more G1 toy look that I just don’t like.

Participant
                    Moose
                      @maraudingmoose

Most recent purchase that i have recieved is zeta superitron

How is superitron? I’ve seen reviews and all that, but wondering about a non-youtuber perspective.

Most recent delivery is Giga sludge. That thing is crazy heavy. Cancellation was DS Scream. Love the bot, but decided to stick with the Maketoys seekers

Participant
                      dpuff
                        @dpuff

I really dislike the combined mode from MMC. I know that it’s deliberate but the all-in-one scheme lends itself to a more G1 toy look that I just don’t like.

Ive fought with myself about that alot. But i think leaving them in bot mode will fit my collection pretty well and have zeta for bruticus. Im doing similar with the others zeta for superion and ft for bot. Xtb menasor/ft bots. As of right now. Xtb for protectobots and we’ll see how xtb combine mode is vs how good mmc protectobots look when and if we ever see them. Mmc cant be my combined mode tho. Too small.

Fortynickel
                          @fortynickel

I’m the moderator here and I see a lot of non-FT poors purchases on an FT site. Please stay on topic. (Blue text)

I can’t stand Christian. He sent me some pics of movie bots a while back and as a result, I picked up a couple more bots. I don’t even like the movies!

One of them was the WJ OS MPM-03 for $40, that transformation is amazing. It becomes a ginormous brick of a Camaro that you can use to bludgeon trespassers.

Participant
                          Participant
                          Christian
                            @christianc

I’m the moderator here and I see a lot of non-FT poors purchases on an FT site. Please stay on topic. (Blue text) I can’t stand Christian. He sent me some pics of movie bots a while back and as a result, I picked up a couple more bots. I don’t even like the movies!

Speaking of which, bruh, I finally bought the new Dragoon KO and this is what my current movie shelf looks like:

Fortynickel
                              @fortynickel

Speaking of which, bruh, I finally bought the new Dragoon KO and this is what my current movie shelf looks like:

Stop! You’ve done enough damage to my bank account, you wallet wrecker. Hahaha. They just look so cool on the shelf.

Probably going to pick up that reissue of the LT-01. And no more!

I like Dragoon but I don’t like Knight Optimus and I know if I pick up one, I’ll have to pick up the other. Damn me, I don’t even like the movies!

Participant
                              Participant
                              Christian
                                @christianc

I just went ahead and grabbed ToysMage BW Megatron today too, so I’ve branched into a lot of new areas.

My UT Challenger is probably on its way out the door, really, with the new KO coming because I am only so-so on UT’s version. He looks great, but his feet are so unstable and he untabs all the time.

Fortynickel
                                  @fortynickel

@Dpuff, how’s that XTB Menasor coming along? Share your thoughts because I want to know if I should finish picking up the set.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Christian Written by: