What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    dpuff
      @dpuff

Still waiting on my arm bots. Dragstrip is on his was from bbts. Deadend is on po still and gravestone is in my stash. Gravestone isnt necessary but i think it will make the whole thing feel better once he’s in. The negatives… The legs only have side to side ratchets and they arent great. Really needed some in the knees at least. It is sturdy-ish. Dont think it’s just gonna fall over or anything but i also wouldn’t keep it on a top shelf either. I did end up using some kiki in the knees and ankles and it made a huge difference. Still able to pose him and all. It just gives them enough resistance to hold a little more dynamic pose. The only other weird thing is that i couldn’t get the legs to close up all the way at first. There are a couple of panels that fold into them and they have tabs on them. I couldnt find a configuration that would allow the legs to close unless i removed the tabs. So i did and it worked perfect. Idk how this will affect puttin him back to trailer mode but i dont plan on that anyway since ft will be my bot mode. And thats really it on the negatives. Didnt break any other tabs or panels(intentionally or not). Materials feel good. Scales well with zeta superion. Even without the ratchets the joints are pretty snug. And he looks awesome. The transformation wasnt bad at all but I will suggest watching emgo do it. He’s the only one i could find that actually showed the whole transformation. Bsf and others skipped alot and i can see how that would lead to some of the breakages ppl are whining about. If using emgo follow him until after he spreads the arms out then skip ahead if u want to avoid base mode. The best part is that I was able to get the whole thing for around 550 instead of the 1000 or more id be in on a second set of ft. Tfsource actually helped with that. Their sale and some points i had leftover got me the trailer for 160. Crackup was the hard one to find. Got mine at toydojo but think i might have gotten the last one. All in all im extremely happy with it.

Participant
      Participant
      Christian
        @christianc

You should definitely look into getting Gravestone. He’s my favorite of the set.

Participant
        dpuff
          @dpuff

Right on. I meant to add that i have him in my stash. Too much of a damn completionist for my own good. Which would probably explain why I have a dr egg on my shelf too 😯 😛

Participant
          dpuff
            @dpuff

Hello. My name is dpuff and im a collectoholic.

Fortynickel
              @fortynickel

Hello. My name is dpuff and im a collectoholic.

Hello dpuff. Please recite the 12 steps towards recovery.

Participant
              Teletran-1
                @teletran-1

I had all XTB Menasor  including the upgrade pack and just decided to sell it me get a 2nd fans toys set.

Now I’m here with 2 unfinished Mensors wondering if it’ll be able to stand when Bandit finally releases and debating getting in on the DX9 set with Capone coming out again soon. I’ve got Stunticon commitment issues.

Latest purchase though is the MMC laser beak and Buzzsaw on the way with 48 energon cubes. We might actually get to talk about  a new FT release next month!

Fortynickel
                  @fortynickel

I had all XTB Menasor including the upgrade pack and just decided to sell it me get a 2nd fans toys set. Now I’m here with 2 unfinished Mensors wondering if it’ll be able to stand when Bandit finally releases and debating getting in on the DX9 set with Capone coming out again soon. I’ve got Stunticon commitment issues. Latest purchase though is the MMC laser beak and Buzzsaw on the way with 48 energon cubes. We might actually get to talk about a new FT release next month!

Let me know what you think about that Laserbeak and Buzzsaw. I’m always kind of tempted but I read that they are fiddly.

I am worse than you, I have 30% of the MMC Menasor, 40% of the DX9 one, and 80% of the FT one. Story of my life.

Participant
                  dpuff
                    @dpuff

I hestitated multiple times on ft stunticons at the start bc i wasnt sure how deep i wanted to go(silly rabbit). Ended up payin late taxes on all 4. Talked myself into just having the one set and I would flip back and forth to combined every now and then(trix are for kids). Next thing i know i have a 2nd set for about the same price as the first. Finally said fuck it and sold the 2nd set and bought xtb. Still waiting on gravestone(which ill get when soundwave ships from tcp) and deadend(of fuckin course i can only find pos). BUT im really glad i did. With the little bit extra i made off the 2nd set, the tfsource sale and what i ended up saving buying xtb i was able to pick up a few other pieces I was on the fence about and am actually pleased with(namely dr egg). This also led to coming up with a loose plan of having one companies set for bot mode and a different one for combined. Different aesthetics appeal to me and it lets me change the appearance of my shelves by just swapping. Plus this helps save a little money since im not also trying to find another set of aerialbots.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by dpuff.
                    Participant
                    dpuff
                      @dpuff

Oh and recent purchase is kfc apeface and snapdragon, xtb overheat, and some motu origins 🙂

Participant
                      Teletran-1
                        @teletran-1

Ah damn, I was definitely thinking about getting those KFC Headmasters, I’m glad they’re not easy to find now, I can just let it go.  Dr Egg really is worth getting, he’s just overpriced.

Last year I had all the FT stuff pre-ordered and just waited for something to come in almost every month, those were the days!

I thought I gave up XTB but they seem to have me buying a lot of stuff over the next year.

Participant
                        dpuff
                          @dpuff

Havent had a chance to mess with them much yet. Apeface feels pretty solid. Snapdragon is a little looser in the hips/legs. Maybe i can tinker but he stands fine. Didnt do anything with overheat yet other than slap him on menasor. Gotta get some batteries for egg but he is prettt cool. Ive held off bc of the price but tfsource had 125 on him and now here we are

Participant
                          Participant
                          Christian
                            @christianc

Just got DS Starscream (Crimson Wings.)

Holy shit, guys. I took photos but will have to post them later and also have to re-align a decal because I used one that was slightly off-color, but this is hands-down one of the best looking pieces I’ve ever seen.

It doesn’t even look like a toy. If FansToys made Seekers, I’d fully expect them to look inferior to this guy. It’s remarkable.

Fortynickel
                              @fortynickel

Just got DS Starscream (Crimson Wings.) Holy shit, guys. I took photos but will have to post them later and also have to re-align a decal because I used one that was slightly off-color, but this is hands-down one of the best looking pieces I’ve ever seen. It doesn’t even look like a toy. If FansToys made Seekers, I’d fully expect them to look inferior to this guy. It’s remarkable.

Cool, looking forward to your pics. I have one incoming also. I am a sucker for Seekers. What an idiot!

Participant
                              Participant
                              Christian
                                @christianc

Here he is next to the MakeToys Starscream with modified head from NuSupply.

Participant
                                Participant
                                Christian
                                  @christianc

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Christian Written by: