What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Fortynickel
      @fortynickel

Looks great! Plus I like that it’s regular Seeker-sized, MP-52 is too short for me.

Participant
      Moose
        @maraudingmoose

That looks awesome. Excited to get mine. Currently stuck in export customs in china. One thing, though.

How do you feel about the transparent canopy vs the fully painted on meteor? That’s my favorite part of Maketoys without question.

Participant
        Participant
        Christian
          @christianc

I prefer the fully painted version. It’s really the only thing that stood out to me as being less than ideal. I get why they’d want it that way for jet mode, but I’m leaving it in robot mode and have no use for being able to see into the cockpit.

Participant
          Moose
            @maraudingmoose

I watched a couple reviews on ds-01. Mine will be staying in bot mode, too, while meteor flips to alt mode.

On the new purchase note, a touch of  bourbon talked me into TE’s nemesis.

Also grabbed POs for a couple of MMC bots…Calidus and Carnifex

Participant
            Participant
            Christian
              @christianc

Also grabbed POs for a couple of MMC bots…Calidus and Carnifex

I just received Saltus in the mail today but haven’t opened him yet because he comes in car mode. The new update on Virtus really makes me think that I’ll be getting him too and just keep the one I like more, but this guy looks pretty remarable.

Saltus is as heavy as a brick, especially based on how small MMC’s packaging always is too; I really didn’t expect him to be this dense and powerful.

Participant
              Participant
              Christian
                @christianc

Fortynickel
                  @fortynickel

You’ve been getting all the fun stuff lately. I really like MMC Saltus. Between MMC, FT , XTB (We’ll see), and even that Robot Hero one, Springer has some great iterations.

Participant
                  Participant
                  Christian
                    @christianc

You’ve been getting all the fun stuff lately. I really like MMC Saltus. Between MMC, FT , XTB (We’ll see), and even that Robot Hero one, Springer has some great iterations.

I also put down a $5 deposit on DX9’s Gabriel, but am still very much on the fence about Virtus. He’s still too expensive to not know that he’ll be the best Springer around, and until I have my new version Locke, I’m done with XTB.

However, I’m basically in a holding pattern on everything else. Money is a factor, but not even the only one: I’ve got so many figures on the way that are just stalled out for a number of reasons and I don’t want to have 75 preorders paid up all over the web.

Nothing-down pre-orders are really the way that I want to go with most retailers given how awful so many sites have been about covering your purchases and how many manufacturers have been releasing flawed figures.

Fortynickel
                      @fortynickel

I’m basically in a holding pattern on everything else.

For the most part, this is where I am. I have to decide how to display my figures at some point.

Just got DS Starscream. Haven’t had the time to mess around with it much but so far, it looks pretty impressive. It’s nice to still be able to be surprised this far into collecting.

Keymaster
                      Marcelo
                        @admin

In my case, collecting FT only makes these decisions very easy 😛

Keymaster
                        Marcelo
                          @admin

Participant
                          Participant
                          Christian
                            @christianc

Someone bought me an Earthrise figure from Target a few years ago and I really had to hold back the impulse to hard-blink at them and shake my head…

But you on the other hand really need to break your streak. I know that FansToys makes a lot of the best stuff around, but just the DS Starscream and MMC Springer are so far ahead of every other offering of either character that there’s just no way that I could feel content having MakeToys Meteor or FansToys Apache as my top options at this point.

Put Saltus next to Apache… I promise that you’ll see what I mean.

Participant
                            Participant
                            Christian
                              @christianc

For the most part, this is where I am. I have to decide how to display my figures at some point. Just got DS Starscream. Haven’t had the time to mess around with it much but so far, it looks pretty impressive. It’s nice to still be able to be surprised this far into collecting.

It really is remarkable whenever somebody just nails a figure like this, isn’t it? I was really interested in the Alien Attack Mackron (DotM Megatron) but saw the $350 price tag and immediately reversed course.

Spending that kind of money on a premium figure is one thing… but AA has a reputation for falling apart in the box. I’m waiting on UT to be compared to them side-by-side before sinking almost $400 into something.

Keymaster
                              Marcelo
                                @admin

Someone bought me an Earthrise figure from Target a few years ago and I really had to hold back the impulse to hard-blink at them and shake my head… But you on the other hand really need to break your streak. I know that FansToys makes a lot of the best stuff around, but just the DS Starscream and MMC Springer are so far ahead of every other offering of either character that there’s just no way that I could feel content having MakeToys Meteor or FansToys Apache as my top options at this point. Put Saltus next to Apache… I promise that you’ll see what I mean.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I believe in you, but the thing is, I am not really a TF in general collector. I decided to collect FT only for several reasons, even knowing that they might not always be the best option for a character.

Participant
                                Moose
                                  @maraudingmoose

Saltus next to Apache… I promise that you’ll see what I mean

Couldn’t agree more. Absolutely love Saltus and MMC. I’m really excited about their upcoming MTMTE releases.

My DS has been sitting in export customs for weeks. Hasn’t moved at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 107 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Christian Written by: