What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Teletran-1
      @teletran-1

Man, I cancelled my Capone pre-order randomly like the day before it showed it up at ShowZ. I have 2 sets of FT, I’m just gonna hang tight and see how it ends! Even though I’m tempted by that DX9!

Participant
      dpuff
        @dpuff

Im still pretty happy with my xtb menasor. Its a long long way from perfect but considering the cost compared to a 2nd set of ft it fills the gap nicely. sad part is i have the 2nd set of ft too…. i just haven’t gotten around to selling them yet. Long story short ebay fees suck when trying to resell something you already paid a late tax on. I decided id go seperate companies for combined and bot mods when possible anyway. Gives the shelves some diversity/flexibility and i get to have 2 versions of a character that transform completely different. (Xtb-menasor, ft-stunts), (zeta-superion, ft-aerials), (mmc-combats, zeta-bruticus), (xtb-defensor, mmc-protectos). I do think ima double up on zeta Raiden. Hes outside the limits I set for this collection being a Japanese character but he will even out the numbers for combiners and make my shleves look better in the end. Im taking that one bot at a time and will wait for the boxset for combined. The other outlier is if/when ft does devi. He will be ft for bot and combined bc i have to believe that thing will look amazing. That said ive fallen more into thinking I would eventually replace anything i currently have that isnt ft with ft if they make it.

Participant
        Participant
        Christian
          @christianc

If you’re going to part with your FT Stunticons, get a hold of me. I’ve been looking at buying these guys for a while now and am really thinking about jumping straight to them next after having grabbed Capone and the upper-arms for Menasor from DX9.

Also, I just got my first FansToys Dinobot today – Soar – and I like him. The weight and heft are obviously nice, but he does have a bit of trouble balancing without his ankles rocking forward and I’m just not sure that he’s cartoon-accurate enough to make me forget about the Gigapower upsized scale and general power of that lineup.

I’m curious to see how Scoria and Stomp hold up now.yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu7

Participant
          Participant
          Christian
            @christianc

Sorry. The cat just has to say hello sometimes when she hears me typing.

Fortynickel
              @fortynickel

Also, I just got my first FansToys Dinobot today – Soar – and I like him. The weight and heft are obviously nice, but he does have a bit of trouble balancing without his ankles rocking forward and I’m just not sure that he’s cartoon-accurate enough to make me forget about the Gigapower upsized scale and general power of that lineup. I’m curious to see how Scoria and Stomp hold up now.

I am not as big on toon accuracy as most, so I really like the FT Dinobots. They are stunning and definitely stand out on a shelf, really pops and has presence. Those Dinobots scratch that nostalgic itch for me and won’t ever be replaced unless they finish the Studio Series Dinobots. If that’s the case, then the FT ones have got to go! I’ll even pick up a set for @admin to get him on the CHUG train.

Participant
              Participant
              Christian
                @christianc

I don’t know why this didn’t post yesterday, but it should’ve. Stomp showed up. The Gigapower set really do look more imposing and properly sized in my opinion… but the FT set is more show-accurate. At least, somewhat.

After opening Soar, I really started to get why people called for an update to these guys – or, like myself, asked XTB if they’d ever do a full-size scale with show-accuracy for all five Dinobots – because he does not look like a Masterpiece figure. His face mold and head are off and his legs look like what happens when you have a child try to draw his/her favorite cartoon character without tracing for the first time.

That said, I’m really glad that I’m going in on both sets. You need both.

FT Stomp and GP Graviter

TE-01, FT Stomp and FT Soar

Participant
                Participant
                Christian
                  @christianc

FT Stomp Reissue

FT Stomp & GP Graviter

TE-01 Optimus Prime, FT Stomp & FT Soar.

Participant
                  Participant
                  Christian
                    @christianc

Never heard of that company before. Looks pretty awesome. Do you grab any movie characters? Or just Megs? I’m only in on MP and IDW

It’s apparently Black Mamba.

My movie collection is pretty small… I have:

Honey Badger Megatron, Dragoon KO, Black Apple Prime

Dream Factory Megatron & LT-02 Prime

Unique Toys Nero

And I’m currently selling Unique Toys’ Challenger (Prime) in exchange for the Mamba KO that is up for pre-order now. It’s a good-looking figure, but the difference between the 3P and 4P, at this point, is not worth the cash for me.

Participant
                    Participant
                    Christian
                      @christianc

It goes without saying that it’s phenomenal.

Participant
                      Participant
                      Christian
                        @christianc

So, I forgot to add something… If you have not received this guy yet, you should be aware that he arrives mis-transformed (or at least he did for me and TMR Reviews) and there is one piece which requires adjustment that is very fragile.

I lucked out and didn’t break it, but it has to be flipped around on a swivel, only it’s on a hinge as well and if you aren’t careful with it, it will break. I’m posting a photo separately, but the problem is that the hinge can rotate up or down but you also have to spin the flap around.

Make sure that you have the piece totally straightened out before spinning the flap around.

Participant
                        Participant
                        Christian
                          @christianc

That flap will rotate up or down on a hinge, but also can flip backwards to reveal the tape button pieces.

Just make sure that before you flip it backwards, that you have the piece totally leveled out and flattened so that rotating it doesn’t cause the swivel to snap on the hinge.

If I had turned it any harder before getting it totally straightened, it probably would’ve popped the pin.

Keymaster
                          Marcelo
                            @admin

It goes without saying that it’s phenomenal.

Seems great!

Participant
                            Participant
                            Christian
                              @christianc

It’s pretty great. I’ll be interested to see the Takara 2.0 because it may top this guy, but as of now, the FT Soundwave pairs perfectly with Infinite Transformation Megatron and Deformation Space Starscream.

Fortynickel
                                @fortynickel

It’s pretty great. I’ll be interested to see the Takara 2.0 because it may top this guy, but as of now, the FT Soundwave pairs perfectly with Infinite Transformation Megatron and Deformation Space Starscream.

I think v2 Takara Soundwave will have the organic feel of MP-44 with the price tag to match. Takara’s engineering is really impressive to be able to capture the complete animation feel.

I really like the lineup you have of IT Megatron, DS Starscream, and Acoustic Wave.

Participant
                                Participant
                                Christian
                                  @christianc

Thundercracker and Skywarp are next.

However, I did just grab DX9’s Henry (Wildrider) to round out that set. They have become almost impossible to find – even on Ebay, where the last one just sold in the past 24 hours for over $130 – probably due to the FansToys slowdown and the DX9 Capone reissue making the whole set much more attainable for a reasonable price.

Wildrider, of course, was the one I skipped out on because he’s the least visible and the least interesting to me and I paid the price for it. I got him for like $110 just now from RobotKingdom, but I had to dig. They were the only place I could find him in G1 colors and I’m still concerned enough about their inventory to actually email and confirm that they didn’t just list the G2 as such.

Depending on how things go in the next six months, I’ve pretty much decided that the only figures I “have” to have are: DS Thundercracker/Skywarp, XTB’s Magnus and GP’s Swoop to have at least one version of every character that is essential to me. Beyond that, we’re just talking better versions, luxury items, dupes, etc.

I doubt I’ll be retiring, but it’ll almost entirely be getting the rest of the FT Dinobots, movie Optimus Prime figures, that sort of thing. Menasor and Soundwave really filled two major holes in my shelf. I posted photos of Menasor, but I think Marcus needs to approve them.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 107 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Christian Written by: