What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant
    Christian
      @christianc

Thanks for the suggestion, and I believe in you, but the thing is, I am not really a TF in general collector. I decided to collect FT only for several reasons, even knowing that they might not always be the best option for a character.

I definitely get it. It’s very similar to completionism where what you’re buying is more critical than what’s available.

My completionist habit isn’t that I feel like I have to buy everything from one manufacturer but rather that I want all versions of all the characters that I really like.

Participant
      Participant
      Christian
        @christianc

Couldn’t agree more. Absolutely love Saltus and MMC. I’m really excited about their upcoming MTMTE releases. My DS has been sitting in export customs for weeks. Hasn’t moved at all.

Dude, what is this?

https://tf-direct.com/deposit-only-original-venerable-ov-01-p3777.html

Participant
        Participant
        Christian
          @christianc

Just to answer my own question, he’s way too big for my scale. He’s on the BMB oversized scale. I’m more of a Legendary Toys guy.

Fortynickel
            @fortynickel

Thanks for the suggestion, and I believe in you, but the thing is, I am not really a TF in general collector. I decided to collect FT only for several reasons, even knowing that they might not always be the best option for a character.

I definitely get it. It’s very similar to completionism where what you’re buying is more critical than what’s available. My completionist habit isn’t that I feel like I have to buy everything from one manufacturer but rather that I want all versions of all the characters that I really like.

We all have our OCDs. I am trying to limit mine with intensive therapy and meditation.

Participant
            Moose
              @maraudingmoose

Dude, what is this? https://tf-direct.com/deposit-only-original-venerable-ov-01-p3777.html

Never heard of that company before. Looks pretty awesome. Do you grab any movie characters? Or just Megs?

I’m only in on MP and IDW

Participant
              Moose
                @maraudingmoose

I’m now facing some space issues. I have enough room for everything I have on PO, plus menasor and superion, and nothing else.

Was thinking about rotating when I run out of room. Anyone else do that?

Fortynickel
                  @fortynickel

I’m now facing some space issues. I have enough room for everything I have on PO, plus menasor and superion, and nothing else. Was thinking about rotating when I run out of room. Anyone else do that?

That was the plan that I came up with because I don’t want to have a space large enough to display everything at once. I don’t like feeling overwhelmed by figures coming into a room either, so I’ll probably change up my display every so often.

Participant
                  Participant
                  Christian
                    @christianc

Thundercracker and Skywarp from Deformation Space are now up over at ShowZ. As well as Unique Toys DotM Megatron.

Participant
                    Participant
                    Christian
                      @christianc

Just got ToysMage Beast Wars Megatron in today and will probably have photos later.

Participant
                      Participant
                      Christian
                        @christianc

So, I don’t need to post anymore photos because this guy – from TF-Direct – came missing three pieces and was pretty clearly used/open and not new.

First experience with TF-Direct, but I just read something about this recently being a thing with them.

Fortynickel
                          @fortynickel

So, I don’t need to post anymore photos because this guy – from TF-Direct – came missing three pieces and was pretty clearly used/open and not new. First experience with TF-Direct, but I just read something about this recently being a thing with them.

You are all in on the lore. Next we’ll see you jumping to the Unicron Trilogy and RiD.

It’s bad enough you got me to pick up some Bayverse figures but I draw the line at Beast Wars (though the Dino Megatron is kind of cool).

Fortynickel
                            @fortynickel

As for TF-Direct, I bought from them a bit more in the beginning and everything turned out fine for me personally. However, their reputation for customer satisfaction always seemed pretty spotty.

Selling you a used figure with missing pieces is really messed up. Fortunately, you can sell it to @Dpuff. He loves other people’s grubby little handprints on his toys.

Participant
                            Participant
                            Christian
                              @christianc

You are all in on the lore. Next we’ll see you jumping to the Unicron Trilogy and RiD. It’s bad enough you got me to pick up some Bayverse figures but I draw the line at Beast Wars (though the Dino Megatron is kind of cool).

The part that really makes me laugh? Two years ago, I would’ve told you that there was a 0% chance that I would ever buy a Beast Wars figure… I don’t think I’ve ever watched that show.

As for TF-Direct, they seemed fine at first; they respond promptly and have a contact board on each order. But this just doesn’t seem like something that can be remedied by them saying, “We’ll send you a couple extra parts.” I either want all or most of the payment back and we can figure out what to do with the toy/pieces based on that.

I know that it’s not perfectly fair, but this was my first order with them and in 9 out of 10 scenarios, this will be my last order with them… So, their window for profiting from this sale has to be shutting if they have to ask me to return it and then, refurbish it to try to resell it again; and this is only then compounded by any lost future revenue due to the bad aftertaste.

So, I’m hoping that they’re willing to cut their losses and compensate me for it being a used, damaged figure while replacing the parts or just sending me an entirely new piece. Either way, I’m going to make sure that I at least walk away with what I originally spent if I’m empty-handed.

Participant
                              Moose
                                @maraudingmoose

That sucks! Hoping it works out for you. I’d say good luck with the argument, but judging from your old posts, I’d say you’ll do fine. 😀

Keep me posted on how that shakes out

Fortynickel
                                  @fortynickel

That sucks! Hoping it works out for you. I’d say good luck with the argument, but judging from your old posts, I’d say you’ll do fine. ? Keep me posted on how that shakes out

Don’t let Christian get you into Beast Wars!! He is ShowZ!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Christian Written by: