What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant
    Christian
      @christianc

That sucks! Hoping it works out for you. I’d say good luck with the argument, but judging from your old posts, I’d say you’ll do fine. ? Keep me posted on how that shakes out

The really funny thing about the handful of disputes I’ve had with sellers if that if they just say, “How can we take care of this?” we’re almost always fine.

The thing that I really struggle with – and this happens to me a lot more as a seller than buyer – is when people confront a problem like it’s a negotiation. I had this come up once when I sold something and the winner didn’t pay for it, so I sent a second-chance offer to the next highest bidder, explaining to him what happened.

But, I guess, because he thought that I was desperate, he decided to get really rude like he had been screwed over on this somehow? And he decided to start barking at me about how giving him an extra $20 off wasn’t generous enough of an offer to compensate for the fact that he “should’ve” won the auction, really. I think some people believe that the rude customer thing will work with individuals because it works with Amazon/Walmart.

So, I just told him no thanks. He then kept messaging me for days afterwards, negotiating with himself.

I think that a lot of the issues you’ll have in this hobby are because either a buyer wants to talk to you like you’re Walmart and owe them whatever they say or it’s another collector who thinks that they are Bezos-Mart and that you’re a rank-and-file employee who doesn’t understand the “big leagues.”

Participant
      Moose
        @maraudingmoose

Don’t let Christian get you into Beast Wars!! He is ShowZ!!

If he can get my DS starscream out of the Pudong airport customs, I’ll call him Mr showZ, El Jefe, or another moderately groovy title. No beast wars, though. Gotta draw the line somewhere. (All blue text)

Participant
        Moose
          @maraudingmoose

I really miss being able to change the font color. @admin (Marcelo), is there a plugin for that? Minor feature request

Participant
          Moose
            @maraudingmoose

I think that a lot of the issues you’ll have in this hobby are because either a buyer wants to talk to you like you’re Walmart and owe them whatever they say or it’s another collector who thinks that they are Bezos-Mart and that you’re a rank-and-file employee who doesn’t understand the “big leagues.”

I’ve stuck to retailers and not individual ppl. For the most part, I’ve been really lucky. Most of my bots have shown up in great condition. The few that haven’t (all fanstoys btw – Sheridan, jabber, and dune whatever/beachcomber) were quickly remedied by the retailers, TCP and TFS. Both handled my issues immediately.

That’s not my typical customer service experience, though. AT&T and DirecTV for example. Worst in history. They don’t help or negotiate. They just tell you’re boned and that they hope their service improves.

I’ve only bought one bot from TFdirect, so if they resolve your issues, I might be up for a second.

Keymaster
            Marcelo
              @admin

I really miss being able to change the font color. @admin (Marcelo), is there a plugin for that? Minor feature request

See if this works now. 

Participant
              Moose
                @maraudingmoose

See if this works now

It’s blue! 

Participant
                Moose
                  @maraudingmoose

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

It’s blue!

</p>
                  it wasn’t blue. Maybe this time

Keymaster
                  Marcelo
                    @admin

You have to select the text you want and use the text color tool.

Participant
                    Moose
                      @maraudingmoose

It lets you type it that font color, too, but apparently defaults to the default color when posting

Keymaster
                      Marcelo
                        @admin

I will need to test it then.

Fortynickel
                          @fortynickel

Yes, blue text!

Edit: Nope, shows up blue when I write it but it changes to black after I hit “Submit”.

Keymaster
                          Marcelo
                            @admin

So I just remembered that I tried to put the color in the past, but the problem is a lot more complex than it seems (it’s a problem related to BBPress user roles – which is handled different from WordPress – and the fact that participants cannot “post unrestricted HTML content”). I can’t solve this myself easily, and would need to check more info later (I could also buy a plugin that might solve it, but I am not sure it will really work).

So for now we will still be without colors.

Participant
                            Moose
                              @maraudingmoose

Thanks for trying!

Participant
                              Participant
                              Christian
                                @christianc

I’ve only bought one bot from TFdirect, so if they resolve your issues, I might be up for a second.

Sadly, they did not and tried to give me like $30. I ended up getting a full refund but TF-Direct is in no way trying to fix this. 3 to 4 months for replacement parts, they said.

Participant
                                Participant
                                Christian
                                  @christianc

So, I went ahead and grabbed DX9 Capone and put pre-orders down on the Black Mamba Challenger KO and DX9’s Gabriel.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Christian Written by: