Reply To: Ongoing conversations

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion Ongoing conversations Reply To: Ongoing conversations

Participant
Christian
    @christianc

A lot of forum rules absolutely lends itself to worsening problems.

As for discussion of politics in the realm of toy-collecting, I think that this thread is a perfect example of why it shouldn’t be a taboo, but should also be done in a particular way: discussing what is happening versus what is making it happen are two very different things.

The best example of this that I could give would be that the first looks like:

“Post office delays around here have been particularly bad ever since the budget cut-downs from this administration went into effect.”

While the second one looks like:

“That’s what I’m saying is that these fucking snowflake voters keep pulling this bullshit to take away our freedumb!”

It’s really easy to discuss how politics affect everything – because they do, even online commerce – without making the heart of the discussion/criticism about the people reading it. The problem with doing away with all politics is that, in my eyes, having Covid-19 isn’t a political issue while a person getting a DUI is.

Christian Written by: