FansToys Dinobots

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion FansToys Dinobots

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Christian
      @christianc

So, I grabbed Stomp and Soar from RoboToyz.net because I was tempted to see if I would want to use them for some of the more obscure pieces they’ve had in stock. While I’m unfamiliar with their process, but it’s been a real task even getting a hold of their people at times.

Granted, Joel did respond eventually – apologizing – and gave me a better way to contact him through Facebook. I’m curious what other people’s experiences have been like with them, because I’m having difficulty telling the difference between normal, Covid-19-related delays and their site being new to me.

Feedback wanted.

Keymaster
      Marcelo
        @admin

I’ve never bought from there, but I think in general it’s important to recognize and accept that people can have issues (in particular during a pandemic) and that several “stores”that sell TFs are really one-man operations or very small operations.

I mean this not to deny their responsibility as sellers, but to acknowledge that sometimes they may take some time to respond properly, for a variety of reasons.

I think some people are so anxious that they think that, after they buy something, the store should automatically be focused on their request (Amazon can do this, for most of the time), but if you are not Amazon, I don’t think it’s feasible. Surely, there’s also a (no-defined) limit for that time, so it’s put to everyone to define theirs.

Participant
        Participant
        Christian
          @christianc

It’s just difficult with new stores to even know how to go about getting information from them at times. Joel has always seemed like a good guy and everybody speaks highly of him, but even figuring out their account history takes some doing because a deposit on a pre-order and then the paying off of the rest of the order show up with two different order numbers, two separate purchases, etc. So, if you go to check on the status of them, there’s simultaneously a lot of info to parse along with very little to apply.

We’re also in much different time zones, so I’ve tried to just deal with it, seeing as how I have about four more months’ of Paypal’s buyer protection. Bearing that in mind though, it is frustrating to wait two weeks without an answer after you’ve given a stranger $700.

Participant
          dpuff
            @dpuff
            Fortynickel
              @fortynickel

Stomp in stock at tcp https://www.thechosenprime.com/ft07stomp2021

Ok, Mr. Chosen Prime. Hahaha.

I knew that @Christian is a ShowZ shill but I never knew your sponsor until now Dpuff. No wonder you were trashing TFSource.

I assume that @Teletran-1 is down with A3U because you know how it works, eh?

Participant
              Participant
              Christian
                @christianc

I think I’m going to invite Sheraz from Kool Toys to my wedding.

Participant
                Teletran-1
                  @teletran-1

Yeah, I buy from A3U and KoolToys whenever I can, A3U is like 20 minutes from my place and every time I buy stuff from the states it’s always way crazier than I think it’s gonna be.  I just paid $10 for a Zeta Bruticus head from TCP and $40 shipping!  Maybe they won’t bother hitting me with import charges because it was only $10.

I was definitely intrigued by Robotoyz because of them being the only ones with the Lupus pre-order but I’m just gonna wait for it to show up at other places.  if Robotoys somehow gets the only batch of re-issues, my collection will have to stay Lupus-less

Participant
                  Participant
                  Christian
                    @christianc

Well, I heard back from Joel again and he said that he’d be shipping Soar in the next few weeks. That would go a long way, really because I spent about $700 with them.

It’s a lot to manage so many orders over so many sites, but I have to say, it was pretty frustrating trying to get a hold of them over about four medium and not hearing back for a couple of weeks.

That said, he’s been responsive in some form each time, so I think I just need to relax and wait.

Fortynickel
                      @fortynickel

I think I’m going to invite Sheraz from Kool Toys to my wedding.

You’re getting married? Where’s my invite? If Teletran or Dpuff gets an invite before me, I’m going to be pissed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Christian Written by: