FT-11 Spotter Reissue

Home Forums Fanstoys products discussion FT-11 Spotter Reissue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Christian
      @christianc

So, I finally caved and placed a deposit on the potential Spotter reissue over at RoboToyz. I also have two more pre-orders with them for Stomp and Soar, but I did not go in on Dracula or Lupus.

I’m hoping that all of these happen and that they get a full-scale release and if I get anymore updates from Joel over at RT, I’ll be sure to pass them along. And while I’ve never purchased anything from them until now, I’ve heard nothing but good things about their reliability.

Participant
      dpuff
        @dpuff

So, I finally caved and placed a deposit on the potential Spotter reissue over at RoboToyz. I also have two more pre-orders with them for Stomp and Soar, but I did not go in on Dracula or Lupus. I’m hoping that all of these happen and that they get a full-scale release and if I get anymore updates from Joel over at RT, I’ll be sure to pass them along. And while I’ve never purchased anything from them until now, I’ve heard nothing but good things about their reliability.

Nice. Yeah ive never used them either. Im good on spotter with kfc. Lupus is sold out but considering dracula. Dont mind the deposit. Do u know if they stay close to same price as most place once things are released?

Keymaster
        Marcelo
          @admin

I think the reissues will happen, but that the site posted the info earlier than the expected.

Participant
          Participant
          Christian
            @christianc

That’s the impression I have too. ShowZ confirmed Dracula for later this year or next, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about Joel at RT, so I’m going to trust that he’ll square up with us when the pre-orders go up everywhere else.

Participant
            Teletran-1
              @teletran-1

Dracula’s a really fun figure, also comes with the less appealing non-universal stand. Less colour but does hold things!

Participant
              Participant
              Christian
                @christianc

I have not gotten into the monster figures – or really, anything from Season 4 except Sixshot – and am hoping that I won’t live to regret that. It’s good to see them reissuing all of these though to destroy the scalper market.

That’s what I think is really upsetting people about the reissue “prices.” It’s not that they hate that the prices went up, but rather that they’re going up while tanking the value they hold on the resale market.

Participant
                dpuff
                  @dpuff

Which is also why ppl were bothered by marcelos posts featuring info and links to taobao. Those prices definitely gotta be hurtin a scalper

Participant
                  Participant
                  Christian
                    @christianc

Which is also why ppl were bothered by marcelos posts featuring info and links to taobao. Those prices definitely gotta be hurtin a scalper

This is a good point… I knew it was why it was bothering that one guy with four different profiles who all hearted Ages 3 and Up, but I didn’t put the rest of it together.

Man, that board really is just a shit-stained mattress with a dozen elitist, weirdo scalpers sleeping on it.

Keymaster
                    Marcelo
                      @admin

This is a good point… I knew it was why it was bothering that one guy with four different profiles who all hearted Ages 3 and Up, but I didn’t put the rest of it together. Man, that board really is just a shit-stained mattress with a dozen elitist, weirdo scalpers sleeping on it.

And it’s also the same things as the  “official” FB group.

I am not against store participating and marketing in groups, but the way some of them do it is very, very shady.

Participant
                      Participant
                      Christian
                        @christianc

And it’s also the same things as the “official” FB group. I am not against store participating and marketing in groups, but the way some of them do it is very, very shady.

It’s pretty telling that they can’t just go about participating in a straightforward way.

Participant
                        dpuff
                          @dpuff

Oohh oohhhh ohhhhh….conspiracy time…..thats why djj left. He knew what was goin on with the sponsors and such and he knew he was about to jack up prices and in return would have to deal with more constant backlash from those sponsors “representatives”(eh) via the boards and the amount of shit those reps could and did stir up with the “community” so he just vanished instead. I might be high but fuck it sounds good :mrgreen:

Participant
                          Participant
                          Christian
                            @christianc

Oohh oohhhh ohhhhh….conspiracy time…..thats why djj left. He knew what was goin on with the sponsors and such and he knew he was about to jack up prices and in return would have to deal with more constant backlash from those sponsors “representatives”(eh) via the boards and the amount of shit those reps could and did stir up with the “community” so he just vanished instead. I might be high but fuck it sounds good :mrgreen:

I’m not sure that you’re wrong.

My guess – based on almost zero contact with the guy – was that he realized that there was very little upside to maintaining a message board presence due to how willfully and consistently people either distort information or bombard you with unnecessary demands. So, it’s not entirely different than what you’re saying.

Just look at how XTB’s Facebook editor(s) responds on their own page: very selectively.

Participant
                            Teletran-1
                              @teletran-1

You don’t think it’s cause he accidental knocked up a TFW mod and had to stay low to avoid child support?!  Cause I haven’t heard that, but it’d be interesting!

Participant
                              Teletran-1
                                @teletran-1

He has to stop in every 3 months just to confirm for the 8-10th time that Bandit will come with the Combiner body.  I don’t envy his inbox.

”hey, when is Maverick gonna be reissued?!”

”hey, my finger popped off Apache can I get a new one?!”

”hey, can I invite you to a convention I’m throwing at my house?!”

Participant
                                dpuff
                                  @dpuff

Being the sole voice for ft would have to be hell on those boards. About the 32nd time someone inboxed asking why things cost money id end up completely banned anyway.

As for the knocked up mod…if so, its probably more of a shotgun wedding and tied up in the chicken coop behind a doublewide trailer in the backwoods type deal than hiding from child support.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Christian Written by: