Reply To: What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)? Reply To: What is Your Latest Purchase (or Your Most Recent Cancellation)?

Participant
Participant
Christian
    @christianc

That sucks! Hoping it works out for you. I’d say good luck with the argument, but judging from your old posts, I’d say you’ll do fine. ? Keep me posted on how that shakes out

The really funny thing about the handful of disputes I’ve had with sellers if that if they just say, “How can we take care of this?” we’re almost always fine.

The thing that I really struggle with – and this happens to me a lot more as a seller than buyer – is when people confront a problem like it’s a negotiation. I had this come up once when I sold something and the winner didn’t pay for it, so I sent a second-chance offer to the next highest bidder, explaining to him what happened.

But, I guess, because he thought that I was desperate, he decided to get really rude like he had been screwed over on this somehow? And he decided to start barking at me about how giving him an extra $20 off wasn’t generous enough of an offer to compensate for the fact that he “should’ve” won the auction, really. I think some people believe that the rude customer thing will work with individuals because it works with Amazon/Walmart.

So, I just told him no thanks. He then kept messaging me for days afterwards, negotiating with himself.

I think that a lot of the issues you’ll have in this hobby are because either a buyer wants to talk to you like you’re Walmart and owe them whatever they say or it’s another collector who thinks that they are Bezos-Mart and that you’re a rank-and-file employee who doesn’t understand the “big leagues.”

Christian Written by: