First topic!

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion First topic!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Keymaster
    Marcelo
      @admin

Is that common Marcelo for there to be an international release so much earlier than the one to local markets? I don’t keep track of releases very well.

Yeah, before the pandemic they have been for years sending internationally two weeks before releasing in China (to try to have a “world” launch) but due to the pandemic, they certainly lost control and now things are really apart.

Participant
      dpuff
        @dpuff

Stomp is showing as “arriving soon” at tcp.

Side note: think im done completely done with tfw whether the ban gets lifted or not. Being on the sidelines lookin in is enlightening to say the least. That whole site is toxic. If this hobby goes into the shitter one day itll be bc of the ppl there.

Keymaster
        Keymaster
        Marcelo
          @admin

Side note: think im done completely done with tfw whether the ban gets lifted or not. Being on the sidelines lookin in is enlightening to say the least. That whole site is toxic. If this hobby goes into the shitter one day itll be bc of the ppl there.

That’s the same reason I also done there. In the last few years, I’ve been actively avoiding toxic places, online or not. i knew TWF was toxic, and that’s one of the reasona I stuck basically to one thread, the Release one. With these last happenings, even that one became unbearable, so I will avoid participating in the the site.

Fortynickel
            @fortynickel

Stomp is showing as “arriving soon” at tcp. Side note: think im done completely done with tfw whether the ban gets lifted or not. Being on the sidelines lookin in is enlightening to say the least. That whole site is toxic. If this hobby goes into the shitter one day itll be bc of the ppl there.

Sadly, this is how it is in many of these hobbies. You see it on YouTube and people talk about those Facebook groups, all the toxicity.

This is the only thing I’ve ever participated in only because I met a group of fun people and it grew. I don’t have time for all that e-drama.

Participant
            Teletran-1
              @teletran-1

Yeaah boys, just the 4-5 of us keeping it real.  Keeping it tight enough to start a podcast.   Lets get sponsored by XTB, they seem pretty desperate for clout!

I always found Facebook the worst because it’s got the toxicity plus the +15 idiocy of the average FB user.  It’s rough out there but TFW’s still the best resource for news.  It’s different for me though, as the holder of 2 official news credits (!!)  I’ve practically got diplomatic immunity.

I’m just waiting for Acoustic Wave, that’s gonna be my first new FT since like … damn, when was Spindrift?  2019?  I did blow like $400 on Spotter though, so we know that’s getting re-issued.

Fortynickel
                @fortynickel

Yeaah boys, just the 4-5 of us keeping it real. Keeping it tight enough to start a podcast. Lets get sponsored by XTB, they seem pretty desperate for clout! I always found Facebook the worst because it’s got the toxicity plus the +15 idiocy of the average FB user. It’s rough out there but TFW’s still the best resource for news. It’s different for me though, as the holder of 2 official news credits (!!) I’ve practically got diplomatic immunity. I’m just waiting for Acoustic Wave, that’s gonna be my first new FT since like … damn, when was Spindrift? 2019? I did blow like $400 on Spotter though, so we know that’s getting re-issued.

The 5 of is how we are going to reminisce about this in interviews after we become international stars for pushing a 3P company to the top. FT sponsorship here we come. Divinecomedy was so close but he was afraid of change.

Damn! You have 100% more news credits than me. I was so close to immunity, yet so far away.

$400 for Spotter? That was all dalianjj wanted to know before he leaks Spotter 2.0 and I’ll buy that 1.0 set from you for $100 shipped + fees + a signed comic book.

Participant
                Christian
                  @christianc

Stomp is showing as “arriving soon” at tcp. Side note: think im done completely done with tfw whether the ban gets lifted or not. Being on the sidelines lookin in is enlightening to say the least. That whole site is toxic. If this hobby goes into the shitter one day itll be bc of the ppl there.

The moment you wrote “Free Christiano” on your sig line, you were done, dude.

Participant
                  Christian
                    @christianc

Yeaah boys, just the 4-5 of us keeping it real. Keeping it tight enough to start a podcast. Lets get sponsored by XTB, they seem pretty desperate for clout! I always found Facebook the worst because it’s got the toxicity plus the +15 idiocy of the average FB user. It’s rough out there but TFW’s still the best resource for news. It’s different for me though, as the holder of 2 official news credits (!!) I’ve practically got diplomatic immunity. I’m just waiting for Acoustic Wave, that’s gonna be my first new FT since like … damn, when was Spindrift? 2019? I did blow like $400 on Spotter though, so we know that’s getting re-issued.

I’m totally okay with this because all I really want from this stuff are 1) the ability to be notified about upcoming releases and 2) a place to talk with a few other people about what is good, bad or marginal.

On that note, please, all opinions are welcomed:

I’m really struggling with what to do with the Springer character. I have a deposit (of $3) down on the Saltus repaint and I’m really on the fence about whether or not I should also grab RH Springer… But XTB’s Virtus is also on the horizon. Apache has looked tempting at times, but I’d really like to see a good comparison video or get some feedback from people who own multiple versions.

Fortynickel
                      @fortynickel

The moment you wrote “Free Christiano” on your sig line, you were done, dude.

Dpuff was down with the cause.

Fortynickel
                        @fortynickel

I’m totally okay with this because all I really want from this stuff are 1) the ability to be notified about upcoming releases and 2) a place to talk with a few other people about what is good, bad or marginal. On that note, please, all opinions are welcomed: I’m really struggling with what to do with the Springer character. I have a deposit (of $3) down on the Saltus repaint and I’m really on the fence about whether or not I should also grab RH Springer… But XTB’s Virtus is also on the horizon. Apache has looked tempting at times, but I’d really like to see a good comparison video or get some feedback from people who own multiple versions.

I have all three of those Springers. Apache is great for posing on a shelf and leaving it there. It feels like Sovereign, great shelf presence but not a fun toy. But I love the look of Apache.

Saltus is an overall good figure. I enjoy the transformation and the feel of it but the face is a bit off. It’ll look good on the shelf but I never liked the torso shape even though it looks for toon-accurate.

As for the Robot Hero one (I have the OpenPlay), it looks like a toy. It’s an enjoyable piece to flip back and forth but doesn’t have the stature of what I think Springer evokes. The new head will make it look better but I don’t like alt modes because they look like Fisher Price designs.

Keymaster
                        Keymaster
                        Marcelo
                          @admin
                          Keymaster
                          Keymaster
                          Marcelo
                            @admin

The store that mentioned the price for FT-40 removed the information. But then the store with the price for ft-21 put even more information as I mentioned some days ago. And I still think the Au store that announced the Lupus, Spotter and Dracula made the announcement before they should.

Fanstoys certainly asks for the stores to keep quiet about releases, but they cannot really control everything.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Marcelo.
                            Keymaster
                            Keymaster
                            Marcelo
                              @admin

Some weird FT-21 POs keep appearing in Taobao in weird stores. I would not be surprised if we have a reveal soon.

Participant
                              Christian
                                @christianc

Dpuff was down with the cause.

I’d expect nothing less.

Saltus is an overall good figure. I enjoy the transformation and the feel of it but the face is a bit off. It’ll look good on the shelf but I never liked the torso shape even though it looks for toon-accurate.

But I believe that the Saltus reissue has a new face, right?

As for the Robot Hero one (I have the OpenPlay), it looks like a toy. It’s an enjoyable piece to flip back and forth but doesn’t have the stature of what I think Springer evokes. The new head will make it look better but I don’t like alt modes because they look like Fisher Price designs.

When this is reissued, I might just buy it and check it out because the new paint and all that looks really good.

Fortynickel
                                  @fortynickel

Some weird FT-21 POs keep appearing in Taobao in weird stores. I would not be surprised if we have a reveal soon.

Thanks for the info Marcelo. It’ll be crazy if Berserk is on the way to being released. So many have been asking to see this out.

I will be glad once Berserk and the combiners are done. I don’t understand why people get so annoyed if they are delayed because FT has been working out any issues. I’d rather it be late and be a permanent piece in the collection than turn out to be a disaster but on time.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 177 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Marcelo Written by: