First topic!

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion First topic!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    dpuff
      @dpuff

Found a FT-45 for 47 USD on Xyaniu. C’mon guys, lets’s reach 40 USD, please ?

Sorry, i cant be caught buying something so cheap. Ppl will start to think im a poor. I cant deal with ppl thinkin things like that about me. I mean why don’t i just start shopping at wal mart while I’m at it? Geez 😎

Participant
      Moose
        @maraudingmoose

Credentials sorted and logged in. Thanks, Marcelo!

I went through the same mental gymnastics over the Springer options. What helped me was 1. seeing the bots with other figures in my collection 2. A couple vids highlighting articulation differences.

A good place for pics is the 3rd party appreciation thread. You should find pics of all three bots you’re considering right around this page:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/3p-masterpiece-appreciation-thread.1039900/page-591

There’s a saltus on that page with the full FT movie lineup, then tons of Apache after that.

Look for stuff from Alph and Necrobot. Hope that helps

Participant
        Moose
          @maraudingmoose

Apparently I lost the reply to @christianc springer post when my phone timed out. Looks like it’s a completely out of context post, which about sums up my work day

Keymaster
          Keymaster
          Marcelo
            @admin

If I could fly…

Fortynickel
              @fortynickel

If I could fly…

Very cool Marcelo.

Keymaster
              Keymaster
              Marcelo
                @admin

I keep thinking about different poses for new photo sessions. People usually complain about FT no being posable enough, but I still think it’s because they do not know how to be creative 😛

Participant
                Christian
                  @christianc

Apparently I lost the reply to @christianc springer post when my phone timed out. Looks like it’s a completely out of context post, which about sums up my work day

I’ve had this happen quite a bit, so don’t feel bad. I think I’m just going to pay off the Saltus reissue and then, once RH and XTB’s Virtus are in-hand, I’ll reconsider. I may not even open Saltus just to keep him sealed in case I resell him.

Participant
                  Moose
                    @maraudingmoose

What figs do you think are the most and least posable out of curiousity?

Participant
                    dpuff
                      @dpuff

While none of them will ever win “best articulation” i agree with marcelo that alot of ft reputation is just laziness and lack of imagination on the part of the ppl complaining about ft posing abilities. They all have their quirks and limitations but they end up kinda posing themselves. Things just kinda feel right when you get them there. Jabber is great, so are quietus, dunerider, sheridan, aerialbots, stunticons. That said im not the type that needs their dinobots to be mid barrelroll, or sovereign to be doin a spinkick. For me a basic A with a little flare for most, a couple kneeling or with a knee propped, a few stands here and there, try not to repeat stances and im good. I was messing with terminus yesterday and noticed hes actually not all that bad for being a lumbering load. Just have to find that balance between what you want, what it can do, and what youre ultimately ok with……oh and physics…..never forget physics. That dirty bitch

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by dpuff.
                      Participant
                      Christian
                        @christianc

What figs do you think are the most and least posable out of curiousity?

It’s really hard for me to say because I’m not one to handle my figures. I never transform them and rarely do anything more than just a standard positioning on a shelf, so while I think that Quietus is a bit easier to balance than the Bugs and Hoodlum, I also think that the breaks in his mold are the most noticeable.

Articulation is a largely overrated trait in my eyes.

Fortynickel
                          @fortynickel

Articulation is a largely overrated trait in my eyes.

Then you aren’t doing it right. Everyone puts their figures in yoga fishing poses. It’s all the rage with the kids.

Hot Rod Fishing

Keymaster
                          Keymaster
                          Marcelo
                            @admin

Keymaster
                            Keymaster
                            Marcelo
                              @admin
                              Participant
                              dpuff
                                @dpuff

Spend more now. Pay less later.

Its funny bc ppl are now asking whether they should dump their current pos of aw and wait to see if they come down like the dinobots. Dont see that happening with new releases tho.

Keymaster
                                Keymaster
                                Marcelo
                                  @admin

Spend more now. Pay less later. Its funny bc ppl are now asking whether they should dump their current pos of aw and wait to see if they come down like the dinobots. Dont see that happening with new releases tho.

Agreed. There’s reasons the Dibots reissues are cheaper that don’t necessarily apply to new products. On the other hand, just a reminder, the difference between international prices (US and Europe) and Chinese prices are today more than they have ever been.

This means that even new products sold in ShowZ will be a lot cheaper than US and Europe prices.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 177 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Marcelo Written by: