Ongoing conversations

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion Ongoing conversations

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Keymaster
    Marcelo
      @admin

Speculation from Whatsapp FansToys group – Acoustic Wave release delayed so FT could feel comfortable to participate in TFCon?

Keymaster
      Keymaster
      Marcelo
        @admin

Fortynickel
          @fortynickel

Hey Marcelo, Locke V2 is out and by all appearances and he’s average XTB quality, which means he’s awesome. How many copies do you want? I suggest not keeping near your son though, definitely a choking hazard.

That’s a cool mosaic of FT releases; however, I think you are missing the important FT piece, the universal stand. (Blue text)

Participant
          Christian
            @christianc

I just want to carry over the conversation from XTB’s Locke, which is why I came here today: As usual, it’s a disaster for at least some of us.

For the past nine months, I’ve been talking with XTB, my Ebay seller, Keith, Miss Zou, the Facebook account and an army of dipshit, XTB stans about the exact replacement process for this guy. These fucking moron fans kept jumping in and saying, “oMGz BrO tHIs hAS bEEn DiSCuSsEd OvER aND oVeR…” but, of course, it hadn’t been for anyone who bought their figure on Ebay.

Surprise-fucking-surprise: Miss Zou said to contact my seller and what did they say? My Ebay seller – MascotWhateverTheFuck – just told me to ship the original figure back to them and they’d get me the replacement. That’s probably a $60-80 shipping bill, plus I’d bet my ass that they’d want me to cover shipping on the new one too.

At that point, just re-buy the goddamn figure. In talks with Miss Zou right now to just deal with me directly, seeing as how I own ten of their fucking figures and have however many more on order. Well… had. I returned: Virtus, Eligos, canceled a deposit on Abaddon and changed my mind on ordering their Protectobots after hearing for the fiftieth time that they’d handle this without ever specifying how.

Magnus is probably still happening – don’t tell them that – but I’ll seriously just have to move past the rest of their crap because they are a shitty company.

Fortynickel
              @fortynickel

I just want to carry over the conversation from XTB’s Locke, which is why I came here today: As usual, it’s a disaster for at least some of us. For the past nine months, I’ve been talking with XTB, my Ebay seller, Keith, Miss Zou, the Facebook account and an army of dipshit, XTB stans about the exact replacement process for this guy. These fucking moron fans kept jumping in and saying, “oMGz BrO tHIs hAS bEEn DiSCuSsEd OvER aND oVeR…” but, of course, it hadn’t been for anyone who bought their figure on Ebay. Surprise-fucking-surprise: Miss Zou said to contact my seller and what did they say? My Ebay seller – MascotWhateverTheFuck – just told me to ship the original figure back to them and they’d get me the replacement. That’s probably a $60-80 shipping bill, plus I’d bet my ass that they’d want me to cover shipping on the new one too. At that point, just re-buy the goddamn figure. In talks with Miss Zou right now to just deal with me directly, seeing as how I own ten of their fucking figures and have however many more on order. Well… had. I returned: Virtus, Eligos, canceled a deposit on Abaddon and changed my mind on ordering their Protectobots after hearing for the fiftieth time that they’d handle this without ever specifying how. Magnus is probably still happening – don’t tell them that – but I’ll seriously just have to move past the rest of their crap because they are a shitty company.

XTB is a crappy company with a rising army of toxic fanboys to match their FT counterparts. I have a few of their figures but that whole Locke debacle marked the end for me. The company needed a stellar V2 to signal a change in its half-ass approach but it turned out to be the same type of junk they’ve been churning out. Now, I see plenty of those XTBers singing it’s praises and trying to shout down any criticism of the figure. Mediocre is the new exceptional nowadays.

I’m easy, if it’s good, then it’s good; if it’s junk, then it sucks. I’m not into the label-worshipping cults created and cultivated by people are too insecure to think for themselves.

XTB: the winner of the Participation Trophy of 2021.

Participant
              Christian
                @christianc

Well. Just as soon as I was sure it wouldn’t work out, it might end up being fine.

Just heard from them and they said that they may help me out if I just pay the cost of shipping, which I’m fine doing. I’m glad that this may happen because I needed the excuse to go after Magnus. I returned the MakeToys Ramjet with it getting delayed past October (again) and decided to just put all of that and the store credit I have toward the $200-ish I’ll have to pay for MX-22.

Well worth it, I think. I’m in the process of parting with almost all place-holder figures as we speak. Things are coming out too quickly and too frequently to think that it’s a good idea to hold onto things past their expiration date.

Keymaster
                Keymaster
                Marcelo
                  @admin

Looking at some discussions on FT on TFW, is it only me or does it seem that everyone (or most including the ones against it when I and others mentioned it there) are going to the “buy abroad”route due to the increased international prices? Can’t say “I told you so”…:-P

Keymaster
                  Keymaster
                  Marcelo
                    @admin
                    Fortynickel
                      @fortynickel

Looking at some discussions on FT on TFW, is it only me or does it seem that everyone (or most including the ones against it when I and others mentioned it there) are going to the “buy abroad”route due to the increased international prices? Can’t say “I told you so”…:-P

As you can tell from all the stuff going on nowadays, people will do whatever they want despite your best efforts to show them the truth.

You have to teach me the Secrets of Taobao, sensei.

Participant
                      dpuff
                        @dpuff

Definitely not the only one seein it

Keymaster
                        Keymaster
                        Marcelo
                          @admin

As you can tell from all the stuff going on nowadays, people will do whatever they want despite your best efforts to show them the truth. You have to teach me the Secrets of Taobao, sensei.

If you get the PO price for Bombusbee, for example, you probably do not need to buy in Taobao (the PO prices in BBB have been some 20-25 USD more expensive than the Taobao PO price only, so the difference is not that much, and it’s easier than navigating Taobao). Anyway, I can always teach how to do it if you want it.

Keymaster
                          Keymaster
                          Marcelo
                            @admin

Just got an idea, instead of having a video channel with news and stuff, how about we create a video discussion table? We can schedule for a time that is ok for everyone, so we can have open discussions (while still streaming for people).

Participant
                            Christian
                              @christianc

Don’t know what the issue is with the site, but it’s not allowing longer posts, so here goes…

Participant
                              Christian
                                @christianc

Just got an idea, instead of having a video channel with news and stuff, how about we create a video discussion table? We can schedule for a time that is ok for everyone, so we can have open discussions (while still streaming for people).

I’m not sure exactly how it’d work, but I like the sound of it.

I forgot if it was @dpuff or @fortynickel who I was talking to about XTB’s Locke replacement thing, but they did ship it and it arrived. I paid $50 for FedEx International Priority – think it got here in about five days – and it’s in great condition. I’m selling the old, shitty one, basically as parts, in hopes of recouping $30-40 of the cost of shipping the new one, but I have no complaints about XTB.

For now. But they really did surprise me with this. The figure itself looks and feels great, but I was so sure that they were going to dick over people like me.

Participant
                                Christian
                                  @christianc

Anyhow, at this point in the original post, I was going to tease @dpuff for being a Mercari simp because I came across his listing for the FT Stunticons. $800, is it, for all four, brand-new?

I’d buy them from you now but I am so overextended at the moment. Way, way too many pre-orders, deposits, stacked items, and so on for me to do that, but I promise you this: if they’re still available in a month or two, you’ll be getting an offer from me.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 163 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Marcelo Written by: