Ongoing conversations

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion Ongoing conversations

Viewing 13 posts - 151 through 163 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    dpuff
      @dpuff

Haha yeah thats my listing. Wondered how long itd take someone to catch it. I had them sold for 900 on ebay a couple months ago but it got canceled when they didnt pay. Its my 2nd set and the price isnt what i actually want for them im just still undecided on whether to keep them or my xtb set. In the meantime if someone pays what i have em listed for then i wont complain about that either lol. They are all brand new unopened. I paid late tax on them all and IF i do actually let them go id just want as close to what i have in them as possible.

Really liked my xtb menasor at first but its not holding up already. Arms wont hold a pose and i dont even have dead end on it and thats on top of the overall wobbliness of the whole thing. Honestly not looking good for it. May cut my loses before it gets worse

Fortynickel
        @fortynickel

Haha yeah thats my listing. Wondered how long itd take someone to catch it. I had them sold for 900 on ebay a couple months ago but it got canceled when they didnt pay. Its my 2nd set and the price isnt what i actually want for them im just still undecided on whether to keep them or my xtb set. In the meantime if someone pays what i have em listed for then i wont complain about that either lol. They are all brand new unopened. I paid late tax on them all and IF i do actually let them go id just want as close to what i have in them as possible. Really liked my xtb menasor at first but its not holding up already. Arms wont hold a pose and i dont even have dead end on it and thats on top of the overall wobbliness of the whole thing. Honestly not looking good for it. May cut my loses before it gets worse

Looks like we got a MISB collector that done wandered into our parts. Lets get’em fellas!

Fortynickel
          @fortynickel

I forgot if it was @dpuff or @fortynickel who I was talking to about XTB’s Locke replacement thing, but they did ship it and it arrived.

That would be me. XTB’s left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, over this whole ordeal. I am glad you got all squared away. I didn’t doubt that they’d release a v2 but I did think that they’d breakthrough and be able to compete with FT in terms of quality. I was wrong.

Be careful if you plan to transform it because the feet have been breaking off.

Participant
          dpuff
            @dpuff

Only misb i have is some joe retro, tf walmart reissues, and motu origins. I have a little section of wall set just for those. I do have a misb og perceptor that I’m pretty proud of. The rest is all open and on my shelves. I actually have thougt about sendin my stuff in for bsf critique but its not ready yet. Too many empty spots, no lighting and still working on risers.

On the xtb convo….fuck Keith.

As I mentioned my menasor isnt holding up well already so i decided to do a run through on my xtb/kfc stuff. Most of it is turnin to crap if it wasnt already. Menasor is getting sold im keeping my 2nd ft set, there are a few xtb releases ill probably go for(runabout/runamuk and punch/cp) but only after reviews. IF defensor has beyond amazing reviews ill pick up the bots for it but my protectobots will be mmc for now. The only ones ill keep is opticlones and my 2 junkions. Those bastards are solid. Oh and boost bc i got him for $20 lol. Cosmos is a maybe but only of ft doesnt do one. Hoist, trailbreaker, wheelie, octane, the horrorcons can all fuck off for all i care. I want to have as complete as possible collection and for awhile xtb was a viable option but the more i mess with them as well as other companies the more i see how poorly their stuff is made in comparison. Zeta, mmc, and even bc make better products imo. Xtb is good for filler pieces if there isnt anything on the horizon for a given character and only if it can be had for cheap and then only after i watch a shit ton of reviews. Rant over….for now:)

Participant
            Christian
              @christianc

Looks like we got a MISB collector that done wandered into our parts. Lets get’em fellas!

You lost, boy?…

Participant
              dpuff
                @dpuff

Put my mmc bruticus together last night. While its too small for the scale i prefer im pleasantly suprised with how nice it is. The all in one aspect was kind of a turn off to me too at first. After seeing how its all intergrated tho im very impressed with it. Itll go back into single bot mode soon but im glad i checked out the combined mode. Honestly makes xtb menasor look even more like a pile of dog turds.

Participant
                Christian
                  @christianc

Put my mmc bruticus together last night. While its too small for the scale i prefer im pleasantly suprised with how nice it is. The all in one aspect was kind of a turn off to me too at first. After seeing how its all intergrated tho im very impressed with it. Itll go back into single bot mode soon but im glad i checked out the combined mode. Honestly makes xtb menasor look even more like a pile of dog turds.

These guys have quickly moved to the top of my “refer to somebody else to buy me as holiday gifts” figures, if you know what I mean.

They’re just cheap enough for it not to be unreasonable, they’re widely available and they’re pretty difficult to screw up seeing as how there are only one version of each and I need all five. But the individual robots just look so great that I figure that if I have XTB’s individual Stunticons (which I’m closer and closer to selling off apart from Gravestone) and DX9’s Attila, then I might as well get a second set of Combaticons as well.

Participant
                  Christian
                    @christianc

Aaaaaaaaand as I write that, I see that the G2 colors are out. Fuck.

Keymaster
                    Keymaster
                    Marcelo
                      @admin

So I’ve been out for a while on here, but I will return soon. There’s some problems I was not able to solve (such as the email one) but I will try again.

Keymaster
                      Keymaster
                      Marcelo
                        @admin

Someone in a Chinese forum just paid 7300 Yuan/1150 USD for a FT-07X.

Which seems like a “good” price, as the current price is 10000 Yuan/ 1560 USD :-P.

Keymaster
                        Keymaster
                        Marcelo
                          @admin

Fortynickel
                            @fortynickel

Happy holidays and Happy New Years to everyone! Thanks Marcelo for establishing this space for all the cool kids and Christiano to gather and shoot the breeze. Definitely a highlight to this year.

Keymaster
                            Keymaster
                            Marcelo
                              @admin

Thank you all for the participation. Happy holidays and Happy New Years to everyone!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 151 through 163 (of 163 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Marcelo Written by: