Ongoing conversations

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion Ongoing conversations

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Fortynickel
      @fortynickel

Last info is RP-01 only next month for at least some stores in China

All your research panned out correctly Marcelo. Payment requests for Acoustic Wave started trickling out a couple of days ago.

I am here to issue you a challenge though. What is FT going to reveal, if anything, at TFCon? I want to see your FT superpowers in action.

Participant
      Christian
        @christianc

But that said, I do think that it’s fucking awesome that you and Forty did what you did, because even though I’m not interested in taking that one mod’s offer to explain it to the board admins, it still probably made you each persona non grata to do so.

Thanks for the kind words man. Talking about toys is fun but meeting cool people is what it’s about. I told Dpuff before but I think in these weird times, us messing around actually gave me hope. And interestingly enough, others wanted join in too.

The only problem in the case of TFW is that any messing around will always have be bounded by the stretchable limits that the mods (and the sponsor stores) have, and they may simply delete everything on a whim.

And I’m more sure than ever that those limits are stretched and relaxed based on whether or not the person within them is pro-business or pro-consumer.

What you do is distinctly pro-consumer: it’s why you’re constantly accused of being “off-topic.” There are a dozen or so users there who do nothing but troll consumers by telling them that all suppliers are wonderful, altruistic people (they usually say something like “If ya can’t afford these products than don’t bye them!”) and it’s just not reasonable to think that they aren’t also violating those very vaguely worded terms-of-service agreements, seeing as how everything they post is designed to antagonize.

Participant
        dpuff
          @dpuff

Thou shalt not distract the mindless from being scammed by our sponsors with “nonsense”.

This is how TFW views you guys every time you drag a sponsor…

<iframe title=”Wayne’s World (9/10) Movie CLIP – Sphincter Boy (1992) HD” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/WK–S8kuxOI?feature=oembed&#8221; name=”fitvid0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen” data-mce-fragment=”1″></iframe>

As long as im Wayne….i hate to admit it but thats the most fun part of that forum now. Just sit back and snipe stupid/asshole ppl when they make their stupid/asshole comments. If it werent for being into other 3ps idk that id still be on there. The shit they pulled on you and blaster was ridiculous enough. Add that to the teletran/tcp incident and getting banned from threads for the absolute most childish reasons and it has kinda become a game for me now. There are a couple mods that are cool-ish but they are far outnumbered by the ones who think they are legit doing gods work or some shit….

I didnt go for the ds seekers bc I was already in on tt starscream by time i paid any attention to ds. But ill probably go in on coneheads if ds gets em out soon.

Participant
          Christian
            @christianc

So, this happened. Long story short: Marcelo posted an estimate for what Fort Max will cost for Taobao buyers… And – surprise – our friend Nick (who’s a retailer) is upset. iTS a tErRIbLe pOSt because his buyers will see that and then, when it turns out to be inaccurate, get upset and pretend that a random guy’s Facebook post on an unofficial group site was wrong, but they still thought that it was official and guaranteed? Makes sense if you slam your head into a wall a lot.

It really just occurred to me that these guys – who all just happen to be retailers themselves – keep getting angry about these price predictions because Marcelo is inundating people with new information about just how much cheaper it is to buy like this.

You know, either that or we just keep encountering the most benevolent, truth-seeking Facebook dealers on the planet. You decide.

Keymaster
            Keymaster
            Marcelo
              @admin

Guys, for some reason the forum is flagging a lot of posts and not telling me, if it happens to you, you can reach me ob email mmantunes@gmail.com. I will investigate further. Thanks and sorry for the inconveniece!

Keymaster
              Keymaster
              Marcelo
                @admin

All your research panned out correctly Marcelo. Payment requests for Acoustic Wave started trickling out a couple of days ago. I am here to issue you a challenge though. What is FT going to reveal, if anything, at TFCon? I want to see your FT superpowers in action.

Well, my feel is that they won’t show up in TFcon, but if they did, I would say Berserk is one that may revealed (as my feeling is that he may be the net reveal anyway).

Keymaster
                Keymaster
                Marcelo
                  @admin

All your research panned out correctly Marcelo. Payment requests for Acoustic Wave started trickling out a couple of days ago. I am here to issue you a challenge though. What is FT going to reveal, if anything, at TFCon? I want to see your FT superpowers in action.

Well, my feel is that they won’t show up in TFcon, but if they did, I would say Berserk is one that may revealed (as my feeling is that he may be the net reveal anyway).

But I was wrong, here are the reveals.

Participant
                  Christian
                    @christianc

I have to say, I really get a kick out of the guy asking, “So is this a reveal of Scourge and the three Sweeps or just Scourge??????”

I’m going to just start answering these people and saying stuff that I made up: FansToys are doing a 3-for-1 sale where if you buy Scourge, he comes with the Sweeps. He’s only $89 too, as a thank you to the fans.

Keymaster
                    Keymaster
                    Marcelo
                      @admin

Keymaster
                      Keymaster
                      Marcelo
                        @admin

Corrected.

Fortynickel
                          @fortynickel

Quite an uproar over no status updates about FT Superion and Menasor. Pretty entertaining.

Keymaster
                          Keymaster
                          Marcelo
                            @admin

Regarding TFC recent new POs for FT-40, the comments there are interesting:
                            1. This time may take 1-2 years to release
                            2. It may be pricey but I will double confirm with every pre-order before Pre-order dateline
                            3. Payment plan will be available for this item in the future
                            It’s the first time I saw a seller mention a “payment plan” due to the price, and that fit’s with the expensive price that will come.

Also, regarding the “it may be pricey” and the “plan”comment, he surely knows more or less the price, although he won’t mention it now. It’s the same as what happened with the other PO that opened recently in the Philippines, the stores already have a general idea on pricing as it will probably be launched soon (1-2 years as mentioned by TFC seem like a good bet to me).

(at least one store in Taobao now mentions that the body will be released on the second quarter of 2022, but I think it’s a confusion with FT-40A)

Keymaster
                            Keymaster
                            Marcelo
                              @admin

Quite an uproar over no status updates about FT Superion and Menasor. Pretty entertaining.

I think it’s really stupid, because FT will do whatever they want/need.

My comment on FB: Regarding the combiners, my main theory right now is that every time someone asks for the combiners, they push their release back one day. Right now, the plan is to release in 2038. 😛

Keymaster
                              Keymaster
                              Marcelo
                                @admin

PO done! Now to wait some years ….

Participant
                                dpuff
                                  @dpuff

Corrected.

Saving this;)

I like that they have reveals and show what they are working on ahead of time like this. Hasbro and the like irritate the shit out of me with their announcements. For example: ive been collecting the joe retro stuff. No announcements at pulsecon about it but they drop this o-ring line shit out of nowhere and dont give any info on how far the line might go. Trying to curate a small cohesive collection is a pain in the ass when u dont know what’s coming. With fts i know what they have announced will come. It might be awhile but they will come.

Im getting that Joe Airstriker tho muahahaha

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 163 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Marcelo Written by: