Ongoing conversations

Home Forums Fanstoys general discussion Ongoing conversations

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Christian
      @christianc

@dpuff So, Takara’s is all-in-one transformations into combined mode? Or the 3P? Because I was weirdly interested in the Moon Studio set – I’ll never buy it though – because it looked proportioned so well.

Skipping parts-forming on combiners is awful. I may end up getting the MMC Combaticons because their robot modes are so good, but that’s the only reason.

@Teletran-1 Anytime you’re making decisions based off a financial means and you don’t disclose it, people are right to be skeptical. There are quite literally no exceptions to this rule.

@fortynickel I don’t remember what we were talking about but I will post some photos of the Dinobot shelf(ves) soon to capture just how much space these guys are taking up.

Soar has really grown on me since this morning and the fact that all 5 FT may fit on one, normal shelf is also a plus. I’m surprised at how much of my decision-making has come down to that but with Capone on the way, several new Seekers coming and Acoustic Wave, I need to finish off all current groupings before deciding what to do about the FT Stunticons or any other new set.

Participant
      dpuff
        @dpuff

Not entirely sure but yes I think the tt version is goin for the all in one concept like mmc. Its also reported the combined mode might possibly only be like 12 inches(though i feel theres a misunderstanding). Moon studio is sposed to match the current size standards. I had them all on po but decided to cancel for now. Not 100% interested in the character anyway plus its zeta so there is bound to be a repaint and/or giftset. As for the mmc combaticons, ive got all but swindle(should be here this wknd). Havent transformed any of them yet and I expect to replace them at some point if we see a ft version. Ill probably put them in combined mode when i get swindle just to say i did. They are pretty solid tho. Not a alot of hardware and no diecast that i can tell but plastic seems to be sturdy. They are kinda dull and not completely accurate especially standing next to my stunticons but i like them. Think im around 500 all in.

Participant
        dpuff
          @dpuff

Gotta hand it to a3u. Ordered studio cell monday. Arrived today:)

Fortynickel
            @fortynickel

Gotta hand it to a3u. Ordered studio cell monday. Arrived today:)

Oh, you gave into the Pumpkin. Or did you manage to pick up the first colorway?

Participant
            dpuff
              @dpuff

They had the first version so i went with it. Pumpkin looks good but cell looks better imo. Cost more but that makes it worth more right?;)

Edit: Got the upgrade wings too and they make a big difference. May be shorter than standard combiner but the wings give him great presence.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by dpuff.
              Fortynickel
                @fortynickel

They had the first version so i went with it. Pumpkin looks good but cell looks better imo. Cost more but that makes it worth more right?;) Edit: Got the upgrade wings too and they make a big difference. May be shorter than standard combiner but the wings give him great presence.

That’s good because I saw a bunch of people break the standard wings. If I remember correctly, the little locking tabs took a lot of force to pull apart.

Participant
                dpuff
                  @dpuff

That’s good because I saw a bunch of people break the standard wings. If I remember correctly, the little locking tabs took a lot of force to pull apart.

Haven’t messed with it much but everything seems good and solid on mine. The new wings are folded over and connected to themeselves. Those pieces took a little wiggling to get apart but nothing broke.

Participant
                  dpuff
                    @dpuff

Tfsource sucks donkey dick.

Thats it. Thats the post. Carry on with your day.

Participant
                    Teletran-1
                      @teletran-1

That’s why their Transformers cost so much, it’s an expensive habit!  So much Donkey feed, stables and room to run.  All that FT tax is keeping em double dick deep in donkeys.

Fortynickel
                        @fortynickel

Tfsource sucks donkey dick. Thats it. Thats the post. Carry on with your day.

This is quite shocking. All this time, I thought that you were a TFSource aficionado. I will need a good amount of liquor this weekend to come to grips with this revelation.

Participant
                        dpuff
                          @dpuff

I know better than to expect anything less than a hassle from them if i shop there. Usually limit it as much as i can but every now and then they will have a better deal on something or have something in stock that others don’t.

Participant
                          Moose
                            @maraudingmoose

I know better than to expect anything less than a hassle from them if i shop there. Usually limit it as much as i can but every now and then they will have a better deal on something or have something in stock that others don’t.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>What kind of issues have you had? Their prices 100% suck if you don’t grab the initial PO, but if something gets hairy, I’ve always found their customer service to be pretty good. I bought a lot from them early on. Place of last resort for me now, though</p>

Participant
                            dpuff
                              @dpuff

The most recent issue was trying to ship my stack and it giving me an error code. Took multiple attempts contacting them to respond. On my 2nd attempt I asked to just go ahead and ship it for me. When they finally responded they told me they would and asked for more details about the error code and i provided them with what they asked for. A few days later i get a response telling me good news its fixed and I can ship. I asked why they didnt when i had requested twice that they do so at this point and again no response. I was able to ship it and finally a few days after that the lable was created. Its been 2 wks since this started and my order still isnt here. Looked it up and I’m like 6 hrs from where it shipped from. Would have happily driven there. Other problems were sending me a loose jabber that was not listed as vintage or whatever the hell they call it when they sell used stuff and just overall terrible packaging practices.

Participant
                              Moose
                                @maraudingmoose

Woof. That’s pretty terrible. Jerry the dino might wanna pick up some OT if their turn around time sucks that bad. Or maybe he already is which is why their prices are what they are

Keymaster
                                Keymaster
                                Marcelo
                                  @admin

Last info is RP-01 only next month for at least some stores in China

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 163 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Marcelo Written by: